What You Need:
ü Valid Creve Coeur District Library card and PIN/password
ü App-based Nook eReader
ü Adobe ID
ü Internet connection
Install OverDrive's Mobile App on Your NOOK
Before you can install the OverDrive Media Console app from the NOOK store, you'll need to have registered your NOOK and set up a credit card on your NOOK account. If you need help with this, check out Barnes & Noble's support page at barnesandnoble.com/u/NOOK-Support/379003184
1. From your home page, push the n button then tap Apps.
2. Tap the SHOP NOW link near the top of the screen.
3. Type OverDrive Media Console into the search bar then tap Search.
4. Tap Free, then Confirm next to the OverDrive app.
5. Go back to your Apps screen, and then tap the OverDrive icon to get started.
Download eBooks and Audiobooks
1. Open the OverDrive Media Console app on your NOOK. The About OverDrive Media Console pop-up may appear. After reading, tap Close.
2. Tap the menu icon (circle with 3 lines) at the bottom of your screen to the left of the battery life indicator.
3. When the menu appears, tap Get Books.
4. Tap a library on your list to open the library's mobile site.
· If you don’t have a library selected, tap Add a Library, type in your ZIP code, and tap Search.
· Select your library from the list, tap the star by Alliance Digital Media Library to save it, and then tap Alliance Digital Media Library to search for titles.
5. When the mobile site opens, login to Alliance Digital Media Library by tapping Login. Select the library which issued your library card, enter your card number (with D, no spaces) and PIN, and tap Login. Call the library at (309) 699-3917 if you do not know your PIN.
6. Find a title to enjoy.
· Search allows you to search by title or author.
· Browse allows you to search by format, subject, or genre.
· Tap the title or cover to learn more about the eBook or audiobook (description, length, etc.).
7. When you've selected a title you want, tap Add to Cart.
For eBooks, you will need to check out the EPUB format, not Kindle format. For audiobooks, you will need to check out MP3 format.
8. Tap Proceed to Checkout.
9. Select the lending period you want (7, 14, or 21 days), then tap Confirm check out.
10. Tap Download. OverDrive automatically loads the book onto your shelf. While it downloads, you can keep on browsing.
You may be prompted the first time you download an eBook to authorize with an Adobe ID. Please read Authorize with an Adobe ID on the opposite side of this page.
Download time depends on the size of the book and your connection speed.
Authorize with an Adobe ID
1. A prompt displays the first time you download an eBook to the OverDrive Media Console app.
2. If you do not have an Adobe ID…
· Tap Get a free Adobe ID which takes you to Adobe's website at overdrive.com/partners/
· Follow the steps to create an Adobe account and note the email address and password you used for your account.
· Return to the OverDrive app on your device and go to App Settings.
· Enter the email address and password for your Adobe ID.
· Tap Authorize.
If you do have an Adobe ID…
· Tap Settings.
· Enter your Adobe ID and password.
· Tap Authorize
Return a Book Early
OverDrive titles automatically return themselves on their due date. However, you may want to return a book before its due date in order to return it for the next reader or to be able to download more books.
1. Open the OverDrive Media Console app on your NOOK.
2. Tap on the + sign on the right hand-side of the title you want to return.
3. Tap Return/Delete.
For Additional Assistance
· View Help in the OverDrive Media Console app (by tap the menu icon (circle with 3 lines) at the bottom of your screen).
· Visit Help or My Help in Alliance Digital Media Library at alliance.lib.overdrive.co.
· Stop by the library at 311 N highland Ave, call the library at 309-699-7921, or view Help or My Help in Alliance Digital Media Library at alliance.lib.overdrive.co.